Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Woman On A Mission

This is not going on the goals list. This is a mission. I am talking Blues Brother mission from God, police car chase ensuing mission.

I am going to get my administration to open our Google Education settings. I cannot share outside our school domain, so I can only share with staff and students. One of our core values is inclusion. This is not inclusion. I am trying to update my teacher website to help parents understand my expectations but they can't see any of the documents! I understand not wanting students to be tackling the whole world wide web for safety reasons but it would sure be great if I could at least share files with their parents. Already this year I had to zip files and try to email them, fail and then share them from my personal Drive, which makes no sense! I like to share photos with parents and slideshows of student events. This is a joyful thing that should be promoted. I am not sending them classified information, and honestly I don't think any of that is on my computer anyways.

Next year I will make the case that teachers should have open access on drive to share files to whoever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment